RTCA hosts a three-day training course, tailored specifically to design/verification engineers and project/certification managers requiring DO-254 compliance.
Conducted by Randall Fulton/Roy Vandermolen, experienced consultants, FAA Designated Engineering Representatives (DER), and author, this three-day course will:
- Provide an overview and application of RTCA DO-254, as defined by current FAA and EASA guidance in airborne electronic systems.
- Describe how to apply the DO-254 lifecycle and supporting processes, understand system safety assessments and the design assurance level (DAL), set up a project correctly through proper planning and standards.
- Present techniques for writing requirements for electronic hardware and how to optimize requirements for the verification processes.
- Describe how to efficiently and effectively verify requirements with simulation and hardware test.
- Address specific considerations, for programmable logic devices (PLDs) such as FPGA/ASIC versus all electronics, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) components usage, and tool assessment and qualification